Each year, Reebok brings together CrossFit Games athletes at an annual summit. During this time, athletes are introduced to Reebok’s brand campaign, apparel and footwear for the upcoming year. They are able to provide feedback, get to know the Reebok team, and train and spend time with one another in a relaxed environment.
This year on the final morning in the Bahamas, I sat down to chat with 3 other female CrossFit Games athletes over the sunrise and morning coffee to discuss our experience at the Summit and more in this BONUS episode of Pursuing Health.
- Katrin Davidsdottir is the 2-time reigning Fittest Woman on Earth, winning the CrossFit Games in both 2015 and 2016. An Iceland native, she currently lives and trains in Natick, MA at CrossFit New England. Follow Katrin this season on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Jennifer Smith competed with CrossFit Maximus in the CrossFit Games team competition twice before qualifying as an individual in 2013 and 2016. She currently lives in Lexington, KY and works as a trainer at CrossFit Maximus. Follow her this season on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Kelley Jackson competed as an individual at the CrossFit Games in 2014 and 2015 and represented CrossFit 417 in the team competition in 2016. She lives in St. Louis, MO and is the head coach at CrossFit Gambit. Follow Kelley this season on Instagram, and Facebook.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Reflections on the Reebok Athlete Summit
- The new Masters division and competition goals
- Plans after leaving the Summit
- Thoughts on the CrossFit Games’ move to Madison
- Their favorite competition moments
- 06 – Women of the 2015 CrossFit Games Demo Team – Christy Adkins, Jennifer Smith, and Talayna Fortunato
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter above so you never miss out on another episode.
If you or someone you know has an inspiring story about using lifestyle to overcome disease, please share by emailing email@example.com. I will continue to feature stories like this in the future.
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.