In this episode I catch up with Brigid Titgemeier, functional dietitian nutritionist at the Center for Functional Medicine and nutrition blogger at BeingBrigid.com. Brigid received her undergraduate degree from Miami University of Ohio in Dietetics and her master’s of science in Public Health Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University. She has also contributed to numerous articles in the mainstream media on health and nutrition topics in publications such as the US News and World Report and Huffington Post. Previously, we sat down in episode 22 of Pursuing Health to discuss her personal story and what ignited her passion for helping others achieve optimal health through nutrition. In this episode, we team up to talk about our top 5 tips for nutrition success that will last well into the New Year. We also talk about our HealthySelf Reset, a free 4-week nutrition program that starts January 16th and includes whole foods recipes that are gluten, dairy, and added sugar free as well as shopping lists, meal plans, and workouts to help you start 2017 on the right foot.
In this episode, we discuss our top 5 tips for nutrition success:
- Have fun! Instead of thinking about what you can’t eat, focus on trying new foods and recipes.
- Eat fiber-rich, nutrient-dense foods. Aim for lots of color and variety by incorporating plenty of vegetables and fruits.
- Set yourself up for success. Plan ahead with weekly meal prep, and surround yourself with like-minded people.
- Eat mindfully. Sit down and put away those cell phones and computers when you eat!
- Avoid added and artificial sugars. Beware, they can be sneaky!
Additionally, we talk about how the HealthySelf Reset came about and the program we’ve put together that includes:
- Weekly shopping lists, sample menus and recipes from BeingBrigid.com. Recipes feature nutrient-dense whole foods that are free of added sugar, gluten and dairy
- Exclusive discount codes to our favorite food companies
- Access to our private Facebook group
- Curated resource list for additional exploration
- A four week workout program for all fitness levels – no equipment needed
- Access to 28 days of TRAIN with JF for free