Graham Holmberg, 2010 Fittest Man on Earth and six-time CrossFit Games athlete, along with his wife Savanna have built a positive, healthy and faithful community at their affiliate CrossFit Hilliard – Eleventh Element in Ohio. While owning and coaching at their affiliate, they’ve also navigated the delicate balance of competitive training for him, nutrition coaching and training while pregnant for her, and raising two children with one more on the way.
The mission of their affiliate is “To positively impact the lives of as many people as possible and use CrossFit as a platform.” By coupling CrossFit’s 10 general physical skills with spirituality – what Graham and Savanna have termed the ‘eleventh element – the Holmberg’s continue to build a community strong in body and mind. I sat down with Graham and Savanna after visiting their affiliate for an International Justice Mission – Reps for Rescue fundraiser to talk about how their lives have evolved over the past 6 years, the evolution of their affiliate, and how they balance their many roles.
In this episode we discuss:
- How we all first met in 2010 and a typical day for the Homberg Family now
- The balance of competitive training, coaching and owning Eleventh Element
- The sacrifice and necessary to stay competitive as the CrossFit Games catapults to a new level
- Finding the balance of family, career and training
- Opening Eleventh Element and living the “Have Faith then Hustle” lifestyle
- Nutrition and nutritional coaching
- Doing CrossFit through pregnancy
- Three things they do on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on their health
- One thing they struggle to implement that could have a big impact on their health
- What a healthy life looks like to them
You can follow the Holmberg’s at the links below:
Links from this episode:
- Scott Panchik and His Father on Running and Affiliate, Competition and Recovery from Injury
- Dan Bailey on Training for the 2016 CrossFit Games
- Women of the 2015 CrossFit Games Demo Team
- Men of the 2015 CrossFit Games Team
- Hillary Froning and Ashley Khalipa on CrossFit’s Impact on Their Lives and Families
- Rich Froning on Competition, Shifting Priorities, and Discovering His Purpose
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating. I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday.
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.