Christy is a 6-time CrossFit Games athlete on a quest for her 7th CrossFit Games appearance this year, and she’s been a close friend of mine since we first competed together in 2010. She’s competed in the CrossFit Games every year from 2009-2014 finishing as high as 6th place. In the 2015 season she narrowly missed her 7th trip to the Games, placing 6th in the Atlantic Regional. You may have heard her previously on Episode 6 of Pursuing Health with the ladies of the 2015 CrossFit Games Demo Team. After moving to to San Diego for her training in 2015 Christy is now back home in Virginia preparing for the 2016 CrossFit Games season. Coming into this season, she’s had to overcome some enormous physical and psychological challenges with a torn bicep that required surgery. We caught up during a recent visit to Airrosti Rehab Centers headquarters.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What she’s been up to since the 2015 CrossFit Games season
- Moving across the country to train for 2016
- How her training has evolved over the past 8 years and her current approach
- Tearing her bicep and her mental and physical approach to the injury and rehab
- Our shared injury experiences and the silver linings
- Her daily rehab and training schedule
- Her plans to return to coaching and nursing after the 2016 season
- How her nursing career has evolved alongside her competitive CrossFit career
- How she has deliberately designed her life around her competitive and career goals
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday.
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.