In this episode Pursuing Health, I sit down with Brigid Titgemeier, Functional Nutritionist at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine. Brigid is a registered dietitian nutritionist at the Center for Functional Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. She received her undergraduate degree from Miami University of Ohio in Dietetics and her master’s of science in Public Health Nutrition from Case Western Reserve University. She worked in the Center for Lifestyle Medicine of Cleveland Clinic’s Wellness Institute for several years prior to joining the Center for Functional Medicine when it opened in the fall of 2014. She has also contributed to numerous articles in the mainstream media on health and nutrition topics in publications including the US News and World Report and Huffington Post.
In this podcast, we discuss:
- How she became interested in nutrition
- Her experience studying dietetics and how it wasn’t exactly what she expected
- Her transition to work at the Cleveland Clinic Wellness Institute and then the Center for Functional Medicine
- How her functional approach differs now from a general nutrition practice
- The Functional Medicine Tree
- How a functional medicine appointment works at the Cleveland Clinic and Brigid’s role as a nutritionist
- Her most important nutrition advice everyone should follow
- The role of community and relationships in health
- Tools for implementing healthy nutrition practices
- Three things she does on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on her health
- One thing she struggles to implement that could have a big impact on her health
- What a healthy life looks like to her
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter above so you never miss out on another episode.
If you or someone you know has an inspiring story about using lifestyle to overcome disease, please share by emailing email@example.com. I will continue to feature stories like this in the future.
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.