In episode 20 of Pursuing Health, I answer questions submitted to me by listeners. I address topics including my current daily schedule and life as a medical student on rotations, the process of applying to medical school and residency and how it relates to CrossFit, preventing and recovering from injury, making progress in CrossFit, and my approach for the CrossFit Games Open and advice for first-time participants.
Monthly Archives: January 2016
Please SUBSCRIBE and RATE on iTunes, and share your feedback in the comments or using #JFHealth. If you or someone you know has an inspiring story about using lifestyle to overcome disease, please share by emailing email@example.com
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional
I sit down with Michelle Mitchell, a Cleveland-based accountant, mom, and member of The Bar CrossFit in Eastlake, OH. Michelle shares her incredible story about how exercise and CrossFit have changed her life after a struggle with fibromyalgia syndrome that spanned nearly two decades. Her story is truly inspiring and she shares take-aways that we can all learn from and apply to our own lives and struggles.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Her experience growing up as a gymnast and musician
- The onset of her symptoms at age 16
- Her struggle to find an explanation to her symptoms and living with them for 14 years
- How she was finally diagnosed with FMS
- How she started running by her doctor’s advice
- Her first CrossFit workout and the improvements she has seen in her health since starting CrossFit
- How her diet has changed since starting CrossFit
- Three things she does on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on her health
- One thing she struggles to implement that could have a big impact on her health
- What a healthy life looks like to her
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday! Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter above so you never miss out on another episode.
If you or someone you know has an inspiring story about using lifestyle to overcome disease, please share by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. I will continue to feature stories like this in the future!
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.