A Denmark native, Umahro Cadogan is a former adjunct professor of Nutrition and Functional Medicine at the University of Western States. He also works directly with individuals and groups including professional athletes and military as a nutritional therapist, and he is a well-known author, chef, and lecturer on the topics of nutrition and functional medicine in Denmark and around the world.
In part a of this episode, we talked about how Umahro got into nutrition and functional medicine and his general approach to improving nutrition.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Umahro’s nutrition advice for athletes
- Changes to macro and micronutrient intake he recommends for athletes
- Sports nutrition supplements
- The role of nutrition and supplementation after injury
- Recommended training and rehab for tendons and ligaments
- Three things he does on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on his health
- One thing he struggles to implement that could have a big impact on his health
- What a healthy life looks like to him
- Umahro’s “10 Dietary Commandments”
- Cooking with the Pure Pharma Performance Lab
- O3, D3, and M3 related to sports nutrition
- Recipe: Cream of Broccoli and Cashews
- Recipe: Slow-leavened spelt bread
- Recipe: Chocolate-red-onion-vinaigrette
- Recipe: Healthy soft ice
- Recipe: Salmon skewers with tomato sauce and desiccated coconut
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.