A Denmark native, Umahro Cadogan is a former adjunct professor of Nutrition and Functional Medicine at the University of Western States. He also works directly with individuals and groups including professional athletes and military as a nutritional therapist, and he is a well-known author, chef, and lecturer on the topics of nutrition and functional medicine in Denmark and around the world.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he got into nutrition and functional medicine
- His personal health story and recovery
- How he incorporates his culinary background as a lecturer and nutritional therapist
- What he addresses first when working with someone to improve their nutrition
- The role of supplements and how to look for quality
In part b of this episode, we’ll talk about his nutrition advice for athletes, as well as for supporting the body while recovering from injury.
- Umahro’s “10 Dietary Commandments”
- Cooking with the Pure Pharma Performance Lab
- O3, D3, and M3 related to sports nutrition
- Recipe: Cream of Broccoli and Cashews
- Recipe: Slow-leavened spelt bread
- Recipe: Chocolate-red-onion-
- Recipe: Healthy soft ice
- Recipe: Salmon skewers with tomato sauce and desiccated coconut
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.