This past week I released my training program through Beyond the Whiteboard: TRAIN with Julie Foucher. This year, I am making the transition from training for the CrossFit Games to training for life. Even though I am going to be incredibly busy with medical school, I still want to maintain a high level of fitness. Thus, TRAIN was born: 1 hour in the gym per day, 5 days per week, fully scheduled out for you and jam-packed to build a solid foundation of GPP and proficiency in the full gamut of weightlifting, gymnastics, and monostructural skills. I’m opening this program up to anyone who wants to join me as a virtual training partner through Beyond the Whiteboard. There, you will be able to see my posts for each workout and I will also be able to see and comment on your scores to follow your progress.
In this episode I discuss:
- My experience with Beyond the Whiteboard and motivation for creating this program
- For whom the program is best suited
- How the program is structured each day including timeline and scaling
- Details of the programming including strength cycle, Olympic lifting, gymnastics
- The frequency and intent of benchmark workouts
- Warm-up and cool-downs programmed by Matthew Stevens of Pure Physio
- How to use the Lifestyle Log on Beyond the Whiteboard
- The importance and utility of recording your results electronically
You can read more about the program and sign up here. Also, follow us on Instagram @TRAINwithJF and with #TRAINwithJF.
- TRAIN with Julie Foucher program
- Julie Foucher Facebook Q+A on TRAIN Program
- HyperFit by Doug Chapman program
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!