Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:36 — 28.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
A Denmark native, Umahro Cadogan is a former adjunct professor of Nutrition and Functional Medicine at the University of Western States. He also works directly with individuals and groups including professional athletes and military as a nutritional therapist, and he is a well-known author, chef, and lecturer on the topics of nutrition and functional medicine in Denmark and around the world.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he got into nutrition and functional medicine
- His personal health story and recovery
- How he incorporates his culinary background as a lecturer and nutritional therapist
- What he addresses first when working with someone to improve their nutrition
- The role of supplements and how to look for quality
In part b of this episode, we’ll talk about his nutrition advice for athletes, as well as for supporting the body while recovering from injury.
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes
and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!
Disclaimer: This podcast is meant to share the experiences of various individuals. It does not provide medical advice, and it is not a substitute for advice from your physician or health care professional.