Each year the CrossFit Games Demo Team is tasked with testing and demonstrating many of the workouts you see during the CrossFit Games competition. I had the opportunity to spend the week of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games with this talented group of individuals: Matt Chan, Zach Forrest, Paul Tremblay, Jennifer Smith, Christy Adkins, and Talayna Fortunato.
In this bonus episode, I sit down with the three women of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Demo Team.
- Christy Adkins is a 6-time CrossFit Games athlete, competing every year from 2009-2014 and finishing as high as 6th place. This season she narrowly missed her 7th trip to the Games, placing 6th in the Atlantic Regional. An east coast native, Christy has recently moved to San Diego for a few months as she trains for 2016. Follow her on Twitter: @ChristyPAdkins, Instagram: @ChristyCrossFit, and Facebook.
- Jennifer Smith competed with CrossFit Maximus in the CrossFit Games team competition twice before qualifying as an individual in 2013. She also narrowly missed qualifying this year from the East Regional. She currently lives in Canton, MA and works as a trainer at Reebok CrossFit One. Follow her on Twitter: @JenSmith008, Instagram: JenSmith008, and Facebook.
- Talayna Fortunato is a three-time CrossFit Games competitor with her highest finish being 3rd in 2012. She took the 2015 season off in order to have surgery on her ankle and is now training for 2016. She also works as a physical therapist in Naples, FL. Follow her on Twitter: @talaynaf, Instagram: talaynaf, and Facebook, and her website: talayna.com.
- Their previous CrossFit Games experience
- Their experience on the 2015 CrossFit Games Demo Team
- Their reflections on the past year and plans for next season
- How they balance training with other aspects of their lives
- Three things they do on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on their health
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!