Each year the CrossFit Games Demo Team is tasked with testing and demonstrating many of the workouts you see during the CrossFit Games competition. I had the opportunity to spend the week of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games with this talented group of individuals: Matt Chan, Zach Forrest, Paul Tremblay, Jennifer Smith, Christy Adkins, and Talayna Fortunato.
In this bonus episode, I sit down with the three men of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Demo Team.
- Matt Chan is a 6-time CrossFit Games athlete, competing every year from 2008-2013. He took the 2014 season off in order to rehab his back, and after suffering a serious injury while mountain biking he came back to finish in 9th at the 2015 South Regional. Matt lives in Boulder, CO with his wife, CrossFit Games commentator, Cherie Chan. They are both known in the CrossFit community for their roles on CrossFit Seminar Staff, application of the Zone diet, and using their fitness to learn and play new sports outdoors. Follow Matt on Twitter: @Matt1Chan and Instagram: @Matt1Chan.
- Zach Forrest is a 3-time CrossFit Games athlete and former Navy SEAL. He lives in Los Vegas, NV where he owns CrossFit Max Effort with his wife Lindsey. This year, he placed 10th at the South Regional. Zach is also a member of the CrossFit Seminar Staff. Follow Zach on Instagram: @zforrest4, and Facebook.
- Paul Tremblay competed with his team L’Usine CrossFit Ottawa at the CrossFit Games in 2012 and then went on to qualify as an individual in 2014. He made an impressive showing with Team Canada at the 2014 CrossFit Invitational, and he placed 7th this year at the East Regional. Paul now owns CrossFit NCR and is also a member of the CrossFit Seminar Staff. Follow Paul on Twitter: @hosstremblay and Instagram: @hosstremblay.
- Their previous CrossFit Games experience
- Their plans for next season and what motivates them to train for the Games
- Their experience watching the 2015 Games this year and how they will change their training for the upcoming season
- Their favorite things to do outside the gym
- Three things they do on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on their health
- One thing they struggle to implement that could have a big impact on their health
- What a healthy life looks like to them