Hillary Froning and Ashley Khalipa are the better halves of Rich Froning, 4-time Fittest Man on Earth, and Jason Khalipa, 2008 CrossFit Games Champion and multiple-time podium finisher. This year both men decided to forgo the individual competition in order to compete in the team division of the CrossFit Games.
In this episode, I sit down with Hillary and Ashley, who each met their husbands before they started CrossFit, to hear about the impact CrossFit has had on them personally and their families. They discuss how their own relationships with exercise have evolved and what CrossFit means to them, the CrossFit Games aside.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How their husbands discovered CrossFit
- How their lives have changed since the introduction of CrossFit and CrossFit Games competition
- Their personal backgrounds with exercise
- Their motivation for working out now and how they work exercise into their routines
- Three things they do on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on their health
- What a healthy life looks like to them
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!