Lindsey Smith was a three-sport Division 1 athlete (Soccer, Track and Field, and Basketball) at DePaul University and then went on to compete in the CrossFit Games every year from 2009-2012. She narrowly missed qualifying for her fifth appearance in 2013, and took the 2014 season off to give birth to her second daughter.
She now lives in Columbus, OH where she is the Athletic Director of the Wellington School and raises her two young girls along with her husband Web. She also continues to work on weekends as a long-time member of the Level 1 Seminar staff, and on top of all that, she is pursuing her MBA. Lindsey has always been an inspiration to me for her competitive drive and the way she is able to juggle and prioritize so many different areas of her life. Here she talks about what drives her to take on so much, and how she manages to do it all!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Lindsey’s transition from college athletics to finding CrossFit and the CrossFit Games
- Her experience at the 2009 CrossFit Games at the Ranch in Aaromas, CA and how her previous athletic experience prepared her for a 5th place finish
- The many hats she wears as an athletic director, mother, wife, athlete, trainer and student and why she chooses to pursue so many things at once
- How, despite being so busy, she ensures that she gets a workout in every day
- Her decision to give up training for competition and how she feeds her competitive drive post-CrossFit Games
- Why she is pursuing an MBA
- Three things she does on a regular basis that have the biggest positive impact on her health
- One thing she struggles to implement that could have a big impact on her health
- What a healthy life looks like to her
If you like this episode, please subscribe to Pursuing Health on iTunes and give it a rating! I’d love to hear all of your feedback in the comments below and on social media using the hashtag #JFHealth. I look forward to bringing you future episodes with inspiring individuals and ideas about health every other Tuesday!